- Identify and improve equestrian facilities in Texas parks, promoting expansion into new areas.
- Continue to improve and extend existing equestrian trails, and open new trails on public lands.
- Provide documentation of existing equestrian trails in Texas.
- Promote and develop equestrian-use arrangements with private enterprises.
- Create a communication network to develop equestrian public awareness.
- Establish relationships with local, state, and federal trail management groups.
- Continue to educate public agencies and private landowners about the economic and environmental impact of equestrian activities.
TETRA is associated with many prestigious organizations such as Texas A&M, Texas Agriculture Extension Agency, Texas Parks & Wildlife, Texas Farm Bureau, Texas Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association and many others. TETRA partners with Texas Parks & Wildlife for their annual Youth Outreach Program offering Texas youth a chance to ride on a wagon train.
TETRA members receive the bi-monthly TETRA TALK newsletter, which keeps members up to date on all TETRA activities such as regional & state trail rides, clinics, and seminars.